Monday, April 6, 2009

Settling in

                         
So it's been a couple days at home now and I have to say things seem to be going great.  Carter is amazing.  Not really fussy at all, except for when he's being changed.  Waking up multiple times in the middle isn't so bad...he doesn't wake us up, we have to work to wake him up!  We're getting a decent amount of sleep so far, which was much needed.  He's a really quite baby, only really makes noise when he's half naked in the middle of a diaper change.  He's becoming more and more alert and both of us enjoy just watching him as he explores everything around him with his big blue eyes.  

He had his first doctor appointment this morning and he's doing great.  Everything is as it's supposed to be and our little man is thriving.  Are doctor was really nice, Danielle has experience with him in the past, but we just happened to be set up with him through my standard physician.  I look forward to see how he's doing at his next appt. in about 10 days.  We also took Carter for his first shopping trip after the appointment.  We went to Babies'R'Us for a few things we realized we hadn't prepared ourselves for.  Back at home we took advantage of the nice day and went for a walk around the neighborhood...broke in the stroller.  The dogs were a bit scared of the stroller at first, but they got over it.  Carter just slept the whole time, his favorite thing to do, and Pam got worn pretty quickly.  Tomorrow's warm weather should be nice because I think everyone will enjoy being out in the sun.  
So there hasn't been anything really eventful to report, just learning, adjusting, and taking advantage of the full on time we have to devote to Carter.  I have a good amount of time before I have to go back to work, but I'm already thinking about how much I'll miss just sitting around the house with him.  Pam will be here for a long time after I have to go back to work, which is great.  I just wish I could do the same.  We are both completely amazed at how happy this little man makes us and are so excited over every little thing he does.  I can't help but think of all the exciting things we'll go through with him as he grows up, but right now I'm completely content with a beautiful little baby sitting in my lap, looking around or sleeping, and knowing that I'm responsible for him.  He means everything to us already and we couldn't be happier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment