Sunday, March 28, 2010

12 weeks pregnant!



We had our 12 week baby appointment on Friday and things look great! Baby has a healthy heart beat (158) and is measuring perfect (about 3 inches long). I lost 1 pound since our last visit 4 weeks ago, but that is normal in the first trimester. From here on out they expect I'll start gaining more weight slowly and by the end gain around 25 lbs. They did the 1st half of a genetic screening test. During the ultra sound they measure the spinal fluid behind the baby's neck. Using that measurement and some blood work from me they can tell the baby's chances of any genetic disorders like Down's Syndrome, trisomy 13 and 18. Next appt. is in a month and in about 2 months we should be able to tell the sex! I would love to have another little boy, but we will be happy no matter what. As long as he/she is healthy.

I must say that the little bit of nausea I did have is definitely disappearing. Next week I enter the second trimester and that typically means more energy, no more nausea and in general feeling much better. Time seems to be cruising right along.

No comments:

Post a Comment